Thursday 14 April 2011

Sweet Valley Confidential: 10 years on

Much like reading War and Peace, Pride and Prejudice and Great Expectations, I feel I am on the cusp of reaching another milestone in my reading material. Today my good friends, the Wakefield sisters return to the UK, ten years on, in Sweet Valley Confidential.

Forming the staple of my pre-adolescent literature diet, I am much excited about tasting the new offering as dished up by author Francine Pascal and Random House. 180 books since my journey first began, I anticipate spending this weekend catching up with other old friends - Enid, Winston, Lila, Bruce, Todd and Stephen - in a quest to learn the meaning behind the books' tag line; “What unforgivable thing did Jessica do to her own twin, and can their relationship recover?"


US cover - nodding to NYC's most scandalous elite.
2 points for guessing who the reference is to. You know you love me. XOXO.
UK cover - traditional design as circulated during their publishing heyday in the 80s

With two cover editions available for purchasing I have yet to determine whether to fully embrace that we have moved on 10 years - rumour has it residents of the Utopian SV community in southern California tweet, use facebook and engage in other social media activity - or whether to have a cover reminiscent of where we all last left them. Always one for tradition, I'm inclined to opt for the latter.

To buy your copy of the UK version click here 
To buy your copy of the US version click here
Whilst waiting for the book to be delivered why don't you take a trip down memory lane and get the low down on Sweet Valley today - click here to be taken to the official Sweet Valley Confidential website.

Personal review status: PENDING!

No comments: