Tuesday 5 October 2010

Exploring London the Foursquare way

In my ongoing quest to explore London city, I have become more dependent than ever on a fairly recent Blackberry Application of mine - Foursquare.

75 badges and counting...
Foursquare's updated 2.0 version of their nifty little mobile app. enables users  to 'check in' to various locations and share reviews - an exciting development from merely sharing your location with friends. Tips can be suggested, to-do's created, points and badges earned for new check ins and benefits for customers who loyally check in to the same place. It provides all the obvious features of Twitter but with an answer to the hey OK so I'm here, so what? What do I do now??

Last month, The World Economic Forum announced Foursquare as a Technology Pioneer for 2011 and it is easy to see why.  Even the most staunch Twitterati amongst us would surely love to know where one Stephen Fry checks in to and his top tippys? And points for being adventurous? Pass me my Fedora and call me Indiana Jones!

I am currently working on becoming Mayor of Hummus Bros - achieved by checking in there more times than anyone else. I am sadly still quite a way off  (Foursquare kindly keep me notified on the number of days left until Mayordom is mine). The prize for such chickpea consumption? 2-4-1 on main courses for both myself and a friend - and the title of King.

So if you're a venue in London I strongly recommend you sign up to Foursquare to promote your business and sustain and reward your most mobile customers. You can even track how your business is performing for free thanks to some simple yet robust venue analytics!  

I have a great desire for a new badge this week - any suggested check ins chaps?

No comments: